Join Lis Addison for an afternoon of chant combined with dance. Her signature practice, Kinetic Voice (KiVo) supports you in using your voice as a transformational tool and draws upon Yogic and Indigenous wisdom as well as new research on the healing power of sound and embodiment.
In this 3-hour workshop you will learn to use your voice as a powerful vibrational force to clear stuck energy, tension, emotional knots and patterns, a fun way to play with others and build community, a pathway to voicing your vision, value and wisdom, an integral part of your movement, music and spiritual practice.
This course is about expressing the Divine voice that manifests through us and using vocal vibration and movement to clear the physical and energy bodies to radiate the Light. KiVo is a ceremony in which we raise our voices TOGETHER to honor and celebrate life. It is a fun way to build social cohesion through the sharing and playfulness of the voice and body, our sacred instruments. There is no judgement in the KiVo Circle. Everyone is encouraged to work together and contribute to the overall well-being of the community as we strengthen our voices and our purpose.
KiVo is led in a call and response circle, yet time for individual improvisation and collaboration in the following structure:
1. Clear the space to prepare for our time together
2. Invocation honoring earth, air, fire and water; We give thanks for that which sustains us
3. Activations including Chakra Chants, Body Chants and specific movements and mudras; We clear the physical and energy bodies in order to be more available to the Divine Light
4. Shaking Medicine and Improvisation; We explore the tropotrophic pathway to the bliss state
5. Community Creation; We work together to create global family chants and rhythmic patterns
6. Intention Circle; We voice our intention for a better world, a better life
7. Blessing; We bless you and send you on your way